Let’s face it—corporate events and gatherings aren’t always something to write home about. One of the fastest ways you can change that is to hire a comedian to entertain your employees. However, as you’re probably aware, not all comedians are created equal. Many stand-up acts are far too raunchy or risqué for a corporate event.
Searching through a stack of funny men and women to find a clean comedian in Phoenix, AZ can be tricky and time-consuming. This helpful post should give you a few pointers on how to find that perfect comedian who isn’t just funny, but also wholesome and universally appealing:
- State your needs: When first speaking with a comedian, be explicit about what you need from him. Let him know that you need a comedian who will tell the kinds of jokes that will make Carol from HR laugh just as hard as Jim from accounting.
- Ask about the act: Any comedian you speak to should be able to give you a quick “elevator pitch” about his routine. Without going into any details that’ll spoil the punchlines, you’ll want to know a few of the broad topics or aspects that the comedian covers. If any topics sound a little too edgy or risqué for your company, it’s time to move on to another comedian.
- Always look for experience: There’s no substitution for experience in the comedy world! The more time a clean comedian has up on the stage, the funnier and less offensive he’s going to be. When searching for a corporate comedian in Phoenix, AZ, always hire a funny man with years of joke-telling under his belt.
- Review past work: The good news about hiring an experienced comedian nowadays is the ability to look up some of their act online! Many of the best and funniest comedians have YouTube channels with clips from their routine. Be sure to check out some of those videos to ensure the jokes are in fact suitable for your event and your audience.
Why hire a corporate comedian?
There are plenty of reasons to hire a comedian for a corporate event, but here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Relieve stress: It’s often said that laughter is the best medicine. While laughter might not be as effective as antibiotics in some situations, it certainly can help cure stress! Hiring a corporate comedian will help to de-stress all of your employees and make work more enjoyable.
- Boost morale: It’s easy for team spirit to drop in the office, especially if the company is going through a very busy or challenging period. You can flip that around by hiring a clean comedian to tell some jokes and give everyone’s spirit a boost!
- Reward your team: Rewarding employees for their hard work is key to being a successful manager. If you can’t reward them with a nice bonus check, consider hiring a clean corporate comedian to make them laugh.
Whether you’re hosting an event for 50 guests or 500, there’s no better corporate comedian in Phoenix, AZ than Mike James! Rest easy knowing that he’ll have your whole company laughing and having a good time throughout the show.